History

The first Exchange Club was formed in Detroit, Michigan in 1911 to "exchange" business information while improving the community. Charles A. Berkey, the founding father of Exchange built this great organization with the idea that "we would take only members in whom we could place implicit confidence...who lived up to the old-fashioned idea of truth and integrity in their relationships with one another...". Today, Exchange is made up of nearly 33,000 members in 1,000 clubs throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. The club's focus is on youth projects, promoting Americanism, and recognizing those who are true community servants.

Our national emphasis is the prevention of child abuse. The National Exchange Club Headquarters is in Toledo, Ohio. Our club was chartered in 1968 and has been a continual positive influence in the northwest area of Hamilton County for over 40 years. The Exchange Club of Northwest Cincinnati is part of the National Exchange Club; a volunteer service organization for men and women who want to serve their community.

Northwest Exchange Club